Lɛn et soie
October 8 and 9, 7:30 pm
The closing show of the 3rd edition of the Vietnamese Cultural Week takes us on an exiting journey through circus, contemporary dance, music, fashion design and martial arts. The audience is guaranteed an evening of magic thanks to the talent of these artists :
- Laurence-Tremblay Vu, tightrope walker
- Fred Nguyen and Saxon Fraser, martial arts dance
- Charles Brécard, solo dance
- Trinh Tra My, aerial fabric
- Mael Tran, balancing act
- Olivia Nguyen and Remi Van Bochoove, fashion designers
- The conflict and reconciliation between modernity and tradition is brilliantly expressed by all the artists. The Tentacle Tribe dance troupe, co-directed by Emmanuelle Lê Phan, and Elon Höglund, weaves a hypnotic relationship between stage space and physicality.
- The mastery and grace of the dancers’ movement is further enriched by Huu Bach Quach’s haunting music.